Did you know that you can decrease your copayments for dental care by an average of 22% just by seeing a TRDP network dentist?
TRDP network dentists have an agreement with Delta Dental to accept lower fees for providing high-quality, comprehensive dental care to TRDP enrollees. Lower fees result in lower enrollee copayments. Also, since TRDP network dentists accept lower fees, you will have more of your annual maximum to apply toward additional care.
In the chart below are examples of the savings you could receive when you see a TRDP network dentist. The examples shown in this chart are intended only for the purpose of demonstrating savings based on one location and not an average across the country. Your actual dollar amount saved and percent of savings will depend on your location, your deductible and annual maximum amounts remaining, the types of procedures, coverage levels and other factors.
|Procedure (CDT Code)
||Dentist Submitted Fee
||TRDP Benefit Coverage Level
||Enrollee Copayment (TRDP Network Dentist)
||Enrollee Copayment (Non-Network Dentist)
||Enrollee Network Savings
|Periodic Exam (D0120)
|Bitewing X-rays (D0274)
|Adult Cleaning (D1110)
|Composite Restoration (D2335)
|Root Canal (D3310)
In addition to the dollar savings you will receive, the TRDP network dentist agrees to the following network rules:
- Submit predeterminations for expensive and/or extensive treatment when requested;
- Complete and submit claim forms to Delta Dental at no charge to you;
- Charge only the applicable estimated copayment at the time of service;
- Accept the “allowed fee” as the maximum billing fee for covered services;
- Accept direct payment from Delta Dental (Delta Dental sends the benefit payment directly to the dentist and sends you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) noting the allowed amount, the Delta Dental payment amount and your copayment);
- Participate in Delta Dental’s quality-of-care provisions; and
- Provide additional information such as x-rays, clinical information and other documentation (coordination of benefits) as necessary.
With participating network dentists in over 170,000 locations nationwide, it’s easy to find one near you. Using our convenient online Dentist Directory to find a participating TRDP network dentist is as simple as 1-2-3!
- Select your Specialty;
- Choose to search by LOCATION or by NAME; and
Find a participating TRDP network dentist now >>