- For Retirees
- Enroll Today
To enroll in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP), your retirement status must be reflected in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility and Enrollment Reporting System (DEERS). Newly retired? Find out how you can skip the waiting period for major services by enrolling today!!
Enrollment must be completed by the sponsor. If the sponsor is deceased, the unremarried surviving spouse or child may enroll using the deceased member’s subscriber identification number/social security number.
Learn how enrolling in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Watch the Enrolling is Easy video that shows you how simple it is to enroll online using the Beneficiary Web Enrollment portal.
Still need help enrolling? Submit an Online Inquiry or contact your regional representative.
- Watch the Enrolling is Easy video and find out how simple it is to enroll online using the Beneficiary Web Enrollment portal.
- Log in to TRICARE's Beneficiary Web Enrollment website with your:
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service myPay (DFAS myPay) PIN
- Common Access Card (CAC); or
- Department of Defense Self-Service Logon (DS Logon) – if you need a DS Logon, visit My Access Center
- Complete your TRDP enrollment on the BWE website and submit the required two months' premium prepayment amount.
- In order for government allotments to be created on your account, the name in your finance center database must match the name in DEERS. DEERS data is not synchronized with the finance centers, so changes of name, address or other information must be made in both systems in order to keep your personal data current. In addition, if DFAS is your finance center, your name must be the same in both the Payroll and the Allotment systems.
If while accessing the BWE website you receive a notice that states the website has a ‘security certificate not trusted,’ please disregard this Internet browser error message. Since BWE is a secure website and can be trusted, you can safely click through and ‘continue to this website’ to enroll. Or you can download the updated DoD Security Certificates to your computer. If you are getting this message when using Google Chrome, it is recommended that you try using Internet Explorer instead.
If you’re newly retired or are about to retire, your TRDP eligibility status might not show in BWE, and you will not be able to enroll online. If this occurs, wait up to eight business days after your official retirement date and retry enrolling online through the BWE (or enroll by mail). If you still cannot enroll, please contact DEERS at 800-538-9552 for assistance with updating your record to retired status.You can verify your enrollment status by registering and logging into the Delta Dental TRDP Consumer Toolkit® three business days after enrolling through the BWE website.
Enroll By Mail
- Download and print the TRDP Enrollment Application (106 kb). Important note: The expiration date of the form has been extended to 8/31/16, and the current form may still be used.
- Complete and mail the TRDP Enrollment Application two weeks before your retirement date is effective. Delta Dental may return your application if your retirement is not reflected in DEERS. Make sure to sign the application, provide the sponsor’s complete social security number or DoD Benefits Number (DBN), and if the enrollment is for family members only, include appropriate supporting documentation.
Return the completed and signed enrollment application and required two months’ premium prepayment to:
Delta Dental of California
Federal Government Programs
PO Box 537008
Sacramento, CA 95853-7008
United States of America
Applications that are submitted by mail can take up to 4 weeks to process, so please allow this time for Delta Dental to receive your paperwork, verify your eligibility, and process your enrollment. After that, you can verify your enrollment by registering and logging on to the Consumer Toolkit®.